Promoting literacy for young children through reimagining the reading experience; providing greater independance and reduced frustration.
Some Documentation Uploaded
Meat and Potatoes
In idea stage right now.
It's tough for a kid to learn to read. My daughter is 3.5 years old and she tore up her 'favorite book', Munch, recently because she was finding it hard to read it to herself in the middle of the night.
I want to create / leverage a distribution platform so that children can have interactive book apps which will help them learn how to read as well as provide additional activities and opportunites for authors to leverage additional distribution channels for
value add-ons that expand the character's and stories that children love.
I'm considering leveraging the native Web app support in Windows 8 PCs/surface along with the new media-rich features of HTML5 to create appealing content at an attractive price point for young children. We would tentatively use the Windows Store as our
Steps to Success
- Create relationships with authors and illustrators of children's books. (ideally aimed at 3-6 year olds)
- Develop in-house, or find external graphics artists and illustrators to bring new content to life and provide possible animation of the stories.
- Develop or leverage an attractive UI that is extensible, reusable, and customizable to streamline production processes
- Work out terms of contracts to the authors and illustrators so that they are fairly compensated for their participation
- Work out terms of contracts with 3rd party contractors (if any) providing above services so that we have net positive cash flow and everyone is fairly compensated for their efforts.
- Develop a marketing strategy
- Ensure that the method of distribution is secure and that the media is accessible while offline without compromising security or dilluting copyright concerns.
- Making sure we have the correct copyrights for ourselves!
Who we Need
- Web Developers
- Web Designers
- Sales Staff
- Marketing Staff
- Graphics Artists
- Network Engineers
- IT Staff
- Legal Staff
See a staff breakdown